- Evolution of Co-operation, by Robert Axelrod
- Chaos, by James Gleick
- Men of Mathematics, by E T Bell
Great Books I’ve Read
- Six Degrees of Separation, by Duncan Watts
- Linked, by Albert-László Barabási, ISBN 0738206679
- A phenomenal account of the applications of networks in every walk of life. The account of scale-free networks, their discovery and applications is just fantastic. The afterlink on hierarchical networks and modularity is great as well. One must visit his website at http://www.nd.edu/~alb.
- Fermat’s Enigma, by Simon Singh
- Constants of Nature, by James D Barrow
- Flatterland, by Ian Stewart
- The Code Book, by Simon Singh
- The Man Who Knew Infinity, by Robert Kanigel
- An absorbing biography of the great mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan, with a brief on GH Hardy as well.
- The Music of the Primes, by Marcus du Sautoy, ISBN 0066210704
- Nature’s Numbers, by Ian Stewart